Since its founding in 2004, KIND has been on a mission to make the world a little kinder one snack and one act at a time. KIND was born out of its founder’s desire to create a snack that was healthy and tasty, wholesome and convenient. What began as a line of premium Fruit & Nut bars sparked the creation of an entirely new healthier snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of snacks that offer solutions for a variety of different occasions.
We love making snacks that delight people’s taste buds and fuel their bodies, and we also love inspiring kindness in communities everywhere. As a not-only-for-profit company, we’ve always believed that there’s more to business than just profit.
We’re looking for passionate collaborators to help us become the foremost leader in health & wellness and positively impact society along the way. If you’re looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you’ve found the right place.
What you’ll do
As a IT Security (GRC) intern you will gain experience in the day to day Governance, Controls and Processes that help to secure an organization and its data. You will help to identify and remediate IT security risks in applications and contracts, develop IT Security training content to educate users on how to identify risks, and work on projects to help make KIND a more secure organization. You will have the opportunity to apply your education in a professional setting, while gaining valuable real-life experience and skills.
You will work directly with the IT Security Team, partner closely with the infrastructure team, and liaison with multiple other key partners in other departments within the business, to support a variety of cross-functional initiatives.
In this position, you will learn and enforce our current policies, in addition to working on the development of new polices for the business, understand industry best practices and trends, and have the opportunity to work with live IT Security tools and applications. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to recommend improvements and help drive change in the business, and here’s how you’ll do it…
- Assist in Risk Assessment and Management for the Business
- Aid in reviewing new application/tools for the business and identifying any areas of IT Security risks/concerns.
- Assist in developing IT Security Training courses and information for end users.
- Analyze and develop metric reports to identity trends or areas of concerns in IT security tools and work on remediation plans.
- Conduct risk assessments on departments in the organization, document areas of concern, and research way to mitigate/resolve risks.
- Develop Business Acumen
- Ownership over an individual project that will impact the business and present your finding at the conclusion of your internship.
- Network and learn through events and cross-department collaboration.
What you’ll bring to KIND
- Learnings from your completed courses pertaining to this area of focus.
- Experience from previous internship or work experience.
- Fresh perspective and an insatiable curiosity.
- A collaborator who is comfortable working in a team setting.
- Down to earth, fun and have a “work hard, play hard” mentality.
- A results oriented self-starter.
- Curious with a constant desire to learn.
- A problem solver with the ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college/university and are in good standing.
- Declared your major and it’s in a similar area of interest to the internship.
- Knowledgeable in networking, cloud, physical, and infrastructure terminology and general concepts.
- Understanding of IT security related subjects, such as SOD, risk, compliance and governance, security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Proficiency with Windows and MS Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- An interest in pursuing a career in IT
- Availability to commit to our team for 10 weeks minimum
- Experience from a previous internship experience
What KIND offers
- Hands-on learning experience at a fast paced, high growth company.
- Casual dress code – wear your KIND gear.
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND environment.
- The opportunity and responsibility to be KIND everyday.
At KIND, we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. KIND is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
Keyword: IT intern, internship, security, GRC
The post IT Security Intern (Governance, Risk and Compliance) appeared first on National Cyber Security Ventures.
View full post on National Cyber Security Ventures
Sponsored Link: http://youtube.com/no1hacker